Thursday 30 December 2010

Iranian in God's own country, and he likes it

Jisha Surya
First Published : 15 Mar 2010

For Seyed Amirali Raeisosadat, climate is one of the things that troubles him in Kerala. “I find hard to adjust with the humidity. But the friendly nature of the people, low cost of living and similarity in culture make me feel comfortable,” says this PhD sudent from Iran.  Amirali was a medicinal practitioner in Iran before discovering his interest in teaching. “I heard from one of my friends that India was offering inexpensive and excellent research facility in the field of biotechnology, so I took the plunge,” he says.
Amirali is the first foreign student in research in the department of biotechnology. “At first, English was a bit hard for me. Now I can easily communicate. In Iran, the universities are offering only five or six seats. That is the reason why Iranian
students choose other countries. India is turning to be the most
favourite destination.”   Amirali, who wants to be a teacher, says he learned basic teaching technique from the faculty of the biotechnology department. “Make it simple. That is what I get from them. Their method helped me in generating more interest in biotechnology.”  Amirali’s wife too was a PG student in the university. “She went back to Iran after completing the PG. Now she has applied for visa again to pursue PhD in the department of bio-informatics here,” he says. He loves to travel and the itinerary includes Kanyakumari, Varkala, Kochi and Kasargod.  Amirali says Iranian students find it difficult to procure Indian visas. He has been here for two years and plans to complete research in another eight months. After that? “Well, I will go back to my passion, teaching,” he quipped.

0 comments:

 

All Stories

Blogroll

Site Info

Most Read Story

test

Text

Byline Copyright © 2011 Byline is Designed by suryajith for Jisha Surya. All rights reserved to the author.